Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our Woderful IRS

So I'm gathering my tax info and I go to the IRS web site to get info on forms and instructions (F&I).

I pull up the page that has all of those and I notice that the number of F&I entries is 1129.  I don't know about you, but don't you think that 1129 is a bit excessive?  No wonder the tax laws are so obfuscating!

I decided to pull up some of the forms for your interest.  After reading the descriptions I decided to look at the 8000 series to find the most outrageous and ridiculous forms but there were two others that I just couldn't pass up.

Here goes:

4563             Exclusion of Income for Bona Fide Residents of American Samoa

8233            Exemption From Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent)    Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual

8332            Release/Revocation of Release of Claim to Exemption for Child by Custodial Parent 

8615            Instructions for Form 8615, Tax for Certain Children Who have Investment Income of More Than $1,900

8820            Orphan Drug Credit 

8857            Request for Innocent Spouse Relief


8886-T        Disclosure by Tax Exempt Entity Regarding Prohibited Tax Shelter Transaction


8914            Exemption Amount for Taxpayers Housing Midwestern Displaced Individuals


13751         Waiver of Right to Consistent Agreement of Partnership Items and Partnership-Level Determinations as to Penalties, Additions to Tax, and Additional Amounts


Now, as you are laughing or shaking your head in dismay, consider this----you own a major corporation and you have to hire lawyers conversant in some of this crap and those costs are passed on to customers.  The IRS has to hire a expert in Orphan Drug Credits and those costs are passed to us taxpayers.  Do you think that tax reform might possibly help the overall economic situation?  D'ya think?

This is completely and utterly OUT OF HAND!!!!

A4Driver

No comments:

Post a Comment